According to pewresearch.org roughly 7 out of 10 Americans use social media, that’s approximately 233 million Americans using social networks to post pictures, like and comment on content by others, or send private messages. With over 70% of the US population owning a social media account, these platforms and services have risen to prominence as some of the most popular online activities in recent decades. By 2025, the United States’ social network user base is expected to reach roughly 243 million.
What is Social Media?
A social media platform is a website or application that allows people to share content quickly, efficiently, and in real time with their friends and followers. While many people access social media through smartphone apps, this communication tool was first used on computers, and the term “social media” can refer to any internet communication tool that allows users to widely share content and engage with members of the general public.
Why use social media for your business?
Whatever size your business, whether a little local shop or a large national corporation, you need to have a website. The use of social media is critical to your company’s overall marketing plan. Connecting with your customers through social media channels increases brand exposure and leads and sales. Users and interaction on major platforms continues growing as more than three billion people across the world use social media monthly. It is best to talk to a social media marketing expert to help you with your digital marketing needs to grow your business.
What are the Most Popular Social Media Sites?
- Facebook– It is one of the most well-known social networking sites around. With 2.7 billion monthly active users, Facebook accounts for more than a third of the world’s population. Since its inception on February 4, 2004, Facebook has continuously grown to meet the requirements of its users and attract new ones. This includes the Instagram and WhatsApp acquisitions. Businesses can establish their own pages, groups, and events on the platform. Additionally, Facebook provides tailored advertising alternatives for businesses looking to boost their visibility among specific consumers. Businesses can also utilize Facebook Messenger to communicate with customers on a personal level. A social media advertising expert can grow your business’ Facebook page both paid or organically which can drive more customers to your business.
- Twitter– Twitter sprang to prominence as a microblogging site limited to text posts of up to 140 characters. Since its inception in 2006, it has increased the character limit and included the ability to share other media types such as images and videos. It is not as pervasive as Facebook, with approximately 330 million monthly active users. It is, however, still frequently used by average consumers. Additionally, it can be a helpful platform for interaction, such as participating in industry-related Twitter discussions or responding to customers with customer support inquiries.
- Linkedin– LinkedIn is the most popular social networking platform for business professionals. Over 700 million people have registered on the network, with over 300 million active each month. LinkedIn, which was founded in 2003, enables users to upload resumes, connect with others in their sector, and even post and respond to job postings. LinkedIn is frequently very beneficial for B2B enterprises in terms of marketing. Additionally, it provides paid advertising and content publishing possibilities.
- Youtube- YouTube is more than the world’s most popular video-sharing website. Additionally, it is the second most popular search engine, after only Google. The startup was formed in 2005 and was acquired by Google in 2008. Monthly, YouTube has over 2 billion logged-in users. Even more people access the site and watch videos without creating an account. Essentially, any firm interested in utilizing video marketing may leverage YouTube to reach a large audience. Additionally, the site gives data, enables user engagement, and allows you to embed movies in other websites.
- Pinterest– Pinterest is a hybrid of a social media platform and a search engine. It has digital bulletin boards on which users may store products, project ideas, and inspirational photographs. It’s an ideal platform for businesses to publish product photographs, unusual do-it-yourself projects, recipes, and other distinctive imagery. Additionally, you may make your website’s content “pinnable” by incorporating pin-it buttons that enable visitors to share your information on their boards. Since its inception in 2010, Pinterest has grown to over 400 million monthly active users.
- Instagram– Instagram is another social media platform that places a premium on visual content. The site began operations in 2010 and was later acquired by Facebook. It has a monthly active user base of more than 1 billion and is mostly a mobile platform. Instagram, like Facebook, offers targeted advertising options to assist businesses in reaching a specific user. Additionally, Instagram supports a variety of post formats, including photographs, videos, slideshows, stories, and live streams.
- Tumblr– Tumblr is a blog platform that supports a variety of post types. Quotes, discussions, movies, images, and even audio content are all acceptable forms of content. It was founded in 2007 and is currently owned by Automattic. In recent years, the user base has dwindled slightly. However, it continues to attract approximately 400 million monthly visitors. Tumblr’s business population is not as large as it is on other sites such as Facebook. However, this might potentially help firms differentiate themselves from other oversaturated websites. Additionally, it offers sponsored postings and enables users to effortlessly share material.
- Flickr– Flickr is a popular photo and video sharing network. The site was launched in 2004 and was acquired by Yahoo in 2005. It is now owned by SmugMug. It’s particularly popular with photographers and businesses who want their photographs to be shared widely on the web. Additionally, you can utilize it to locate royalty-free photos for use in content. The site has recently lost some of its industry clout. However, it continues to attract approximately 90 million monthly users.
- Reddit– Reddit is a social news and entertainment website with thousands of sub-communities devoted to a variety of topics. To connect with other users, a registered user can upload content and comment on topics. Since its inception in 2005, the site has grown to 430 million monthly active users. Reddit is not particularly popular among marketers. However, the presence of numerous active, focused groups makes it an appealing choice for sites seeking to expand their readership. Additionally, there are subreddits dedicated to business for people interested in networking or education.
- Snapchat– Snapchat is a social networking application for mobile messaging. A user can share one-off content with friends or publish articles that are shared with the user’s whole following. When it was released in 2011, the software quickly gained popularity, particularly among youthful consumers. It has since slowed considerably. However, this social media outlet continues to attract around 360 million monthly users globally. Brands that cater to a younger demographic can create business profiles and advertise on the app.
Customers can interact with you on a more personal level when you use social media sites. You have the ability to share posts with a large audience while also responding to people one-on-one. Because the vast majority of your target demographic is likely to be active on at least some social media platforms, it is an excellent tool for contacting new consumers and interacting with existing ones. Many social media networks also provide opportunities for customized advertising. Who is Your Web Guy, a social media advertising expert can help you with your advertising needs.
You’ve landed into a digital marketing firm that focuses on business and uses data to make smart decisions. In every aspect of our business, we take great care to do things right. Need a Social Media Expert Online? Contact Who’s Your Web Guy at (855) 288-2411 or visit https://whoisyourwebguy.com/.